Survival Guide Part 2
Download MS Word File
Survival Guide for New Believers: Compilation of Tips from the Body.
1. Cement in your mind why and how you're saved, and be able to share your “testimony” with anyone who asks you about the hope in you. I know I'm going to heaven because...
I. KNOW THAT YOU'RE IN A WAR AND KNOW YOUR ADVERSARY AND HOW DO DEFEAT HIM
2. Satan exists. His weapons are lies and his battlefield is your mind. He is the most powerful created being, is scheming 24/7 to annihilate you and he is out to utterly destroy you. But understand that destruction to him is not always death. His end game is to rob you of the glory that God wants to give you. Sometimes the easiest way to rob you of a glory is a long, comfortable life.
Jn 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Pt 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
2Tim 4:10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica
3. Know your enemy who will not relent in efforts to derail you. Develop a biblical understanding of who satan is, how he seeks to devour believers, the tactic of lies and deception to incite us to sin and/or give up before we gain our reward/ glory (see strongs # 1818).
4. Develop a biblical response to satan’s attacks (James 4:7). Understand how to have victory over the darkness, wield the sword of Truth and continue walk in the light. PS. For success: get others involved in this effort! Don’t try to “storm the gates of hell” alone (1 John 1:7). Put on the full armor with other soldiers of Christ. (Eph 6:10-20).
5. Be aware of spiritual warfare and Satan’s tactics and His lie. "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Cor. 10:3-5
6. Resist Satan and refute his lies (1Pt 5:8-9, Eph 6:11-17)
7. Know your enemy. The devil lies, and when you listen to his lies, God’s ways become unclear. The best way to counteract doing the devil’s schemes is to know the Truth of the Word. John 8:42-47 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
8. To help overcome the devil, in addition to knowing the truth, know that God is your strength. Isaiah 41:9-10 “‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’” & 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because[c] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may[d] the God of all grace, who called us[e] to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.
9. Develop mental discipline as the spiritual battlefield is in the mind (hold correct perspective, embrace spiritual reality, view the Word as survival guide and lamp) where you win or lose - Ro 12:2, 2 Co 10:3-5
10. Develop discernment. Just because someone is a believer or a book has Christian content does not mean that everything is scriptural.
11. God is a gracious just rewarder, Satan is a malicious unjust accuser
II. KNOW THE CREATOR GOD (THRU THE SCRIPTURES) AND HIS PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE
12. Develop an accurate perception of self and God and don't make assumptions - Pr 14:8, Heb 3:10
13. God wants what is best for you
14. After one accepts Christ as his/her personal saviour, one needs to be fed with spiritual food. Needs to learn how to have a quiet time, get to know God in a personal way and know HIs character. A lack of understanding of the scripture and God’s character would lead to disappointment, wrong expectations of God and this life, which leads to doubts of God’s goodness.
15. Unite your heart for loyalty to God (His agenda & people) and diligently purify it so you can have fellowship with God Himself - 1Jn 2:15-17, Mt 5:8, Pr 4:3, Ps 24:4
16. God is good and regardless of what satan, the world, or your feelings tell you, He wants to the best for you. The key to understanding this is a realization that what you think is best might not be what He thinks is best.
Ps 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.
Ps 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
17. One of the keys to being able to approach God, is to counteract the lie that He is not good -- trusting that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Heb 11:6. He wants to reward you when you do well. (also see Gen 4:6-7) Furthemore, doing what God asks will exalt you, He cares for you. 1Pt 5:6-7 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
18. Believe that God is good, and good to you. Psalm 84:11 No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. The enemy will often lie to you about this, trying to get people to believe that God just withholds something for a bad purpose or because He doesn’t love us (Gen 3:4).
19. God is a good God. He does not set out to make your life miserable (that’s the Pr 7:27 woman) Suffering doesn’t mean that God isn’t good.
20. Understand free will and God’s sovereignty. God sets consequences (positive and negative). You choose your consequences by your choices. God will not violate our free will. Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
21. God does get angry. Contrary to popular belief the God we serve does get angry. Psalm 7:11. It is possible to not sin when angry (Eph 4:26) God doesn’t forget acts of unrighteousness. Psalm 7 connects his anger with being a righteous judge.
22. Grace is power. Most grace in the Scriptures is merited and based on covenantal conditions which YOU must fulfill in order to access the grace.
2Chron 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him
2Cor 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
23. Remember all God has done for you and all that He promises to do.(Deut 8:11-19, 2 Cor 4:16-18)
24. Recognize God’s power and submit to it daily in prayer (2 Cor 9:8, Psalm 145:18)
25. The closer you are to God, the more you know about the universe and your place in it
III. KNOW THE BIBLE
26. Embrace the Word and let it be 1) your guide, 2) basis of your QT, 3) means to know God. Josh 1:8-9
27. Build, develop, maintain an intimate relationship with God thru daily Quiet Time. Protect and sacrifice for this essential time to get to know God and His perspective via the Scriptures. Incorporate systematic reading in context as well as Psalms and Proverbs regularly to round out your understanding. Use DTB. Express daily dependence (affirm you are His servant), pray for self and others and get guidance for your day/ decisions. While reading, ask questions about God, self, others (basis for biblical self-esteem) and how God says they should relate, then meditate and apply! Develop fear of the Lord and Delight in God (Ps 1)
28. Understand that the Bible is God’s actual words and a record of His instruction for how to live this life in order to be blessed both now but most importantly in the next life.
2 Tim 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
29. Read the word daily and retain it in your heart. (Pr 4:20-22, Josh 1:8)
30. Develop deep spiritual roots (Mk 4:16) having your faith based on deep strong convictions not emotional experience. Know God's Word and His promises.
31. God speaks clearest in His Word, learn to speak & think in His language (objective vs subjective will)
32. Be a perpetual student (love learning) of the truth, striving for wisdom, accurate understanding (in context) and precise knowledge - 2Tim 2:15; Pr 4:7-9
33. Take the initiative to search the Scriptures to verify information you hear, even from folks who you think are godly.
Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
34. Study the Word - Learn Inductive Bible Study tools (exegetical outlining, observation, online tools, etc). Utilize topical studies, Scripture memory. See How to Study the Bible like Sherlock Holmes. Get into a Bible Study with more mature believers, then lead one. Start with the 7 passages. Never abandon these efforts or suffer consequences. (Pr 19:27). See TOYL tools for help.
35. Equip yourself to study God’s word with care. 2Tim 2:15
36. Learn how to study the scripture such as exegetical bible study so that one develops the ability to digest, absorb and manifest God’s word into a transformed life. Romans 12:1-2
37. One use of QT is to seek God’s perspective. So make use of the opportunity and ask. It’s also tempting to be straddle between the old you and the new you but you need to pick a lane and go. Hopefully you make the wise choice! Js 1:5-8
38. Use the Word, not the world, to determine how to walk rightly with God. Jn 17:14-17 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.”
IV. KNOW AND DO GOD'S WILL
39. Learn to love God and others - Mt 22:37-40
40. God has a will for your every day life and you will have to give account for every thought, word and deed. Each choice, no matter how small we perceive it to be, has spiritual consequences. And God will recompense you disproportionately for your good works (1 Cor 2:9)
2Cor 5:10 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
41.It's possible to be good at obeying
42. You can’t be successful both in the world and with God. 1Jn 2:15
43. Every second you are breathing, you can still choose to obey
44. You learn that your true identify is a slave so would you rather be slave of God (powerful and merciful) or slave of sin? Rm 6:16-18
45. Having the right expectation: not that if you follow Jesus, you will get all the blessings and no hardship. You will get the blessings, but also persecution (Mark 10:30, 2 Tim 3:12)
46. Choosing whom you will serve, (b) which also means laying down other idols, (c) which also means accepting God’s way of doing things over your way, or the way of the culture’s gods. Josh 24:14-15 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
47. Reflect on how to be purposefully pursuing God’s plans. (Eph 5:17, Col 4:5)
48. Incorporate biblical principles into your life – take a doggy bag, chew and look to see how you are blessed by God. Js 1:23-28
49. Don't be lukewarm about your faith (Rev 3:16)
50. Develop a conviction of your purpose of life and set objectives and goals to fulfill God’s purpose of life. No plan => wandering => spiritual suicide (or captured by Satan without recognizing it). "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith." 1 Pet. 5:8-9
51. Basic knowledge of being a believer - the 7 topics - most importantly - salvation and be fully convinced that the Bible is true. Demonstrate the ability to guide someone through these topics.
52. Understand your role as a disciple and disciple-maker (Great Commission) - see Survey of Discipleship and master each step. Make sure you get all the way to crowned then help others get there:
53. Learn how to develop conviction, and discern God’s will. Learn how to trust God. Develop conviction to be a disciple and give up earthly pleasure, power and possession. 1 foot on one side and 1 on another l= “lukewarm” Christian. Rev 3:14 To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other. 16 So because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of My mouth!
54. Self-centeredness is asking God for things to spend on your own pleasure (Js 4:3). Pray for things that make God look good.
55. Do not be anxious; cry out to God and pray. Phil 4:6
56. Curious - Live in such a way (risky dependence) that others will see a difference and be curious about the God you serve (and glorify). Cultivate an authentic platform for sharing re: God’s plan for our good, life purpose, absolute Truth, consequences (+/-), enduring happiness/ joy, etc. Equip yourself and commit to lifestyle evangelism.
57. Don't worry about things that don't last, but be very concerned about God and people because they last forever (Mk 4:19).
58. Work as worship –almost everyone in NYC can use this principal right away Col 3:23-25
59. Do not be jealous of anything someone else has, but be content with what God has given you (Ex 20:17, 1 Tim 6:6-10)
60. Rejoice in all things (Phil 4:12-13, Psalm 33:1)
61. Sometimes your tank might run low; when that happens, ask for a refill.It’s like a unlimited credit line so draw on it! Heb 4:16
62. Obedience is easy, squelshing distractions is hard
63. Everyone faces temptation. You’re not the only one. 1Cor 10:13
V. CHARACTER CHANGE
64. Identity change - Everything is God's... even you!
65. God does not take us exactly as we are. 1Cor 13:11 Probably only once during justification, and doesn't leave us in that state.
66. Renew your mind, reroute your actions and realign your values with Gods. (Rm 12:2, Rm 6:11-13)
67. God will not zap you with new desires, purified desires, or change your values for you. Do not be believe any information you hear to the contrary. You must take responsibility to renew your mind. God will provide a supernatural power assist via the Holy Spirit, but you must take the initiative to do the work that’s required.
Rm 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
68. Master humility (know what it really is and looks like) and yield yourself to God to unlock power for the spiritual life - 1 Pt 5:5-8 (p.s. submission results in power & protection)
69. Learn what pride, biblical humility and submission is. Know the danger of pride, and how to avoid and get rid of it. One cannot truly submit to God without humbling oneself. "Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7
70. Develop and maintain humility before God. Learn to spot pride in self and quickly humble self or risk being deceived (and all its consequences). Remember “God resists proud but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6, Micah 6:8). See 5 minute humility in 3 easy steps. Study “take heed” and always honestly examine yourself before God (Ps. 26:2, 2 Cor 13:5, Heb 4:13).
71. A humble person accepts input from others with joy. Pr 9:8-9 - Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
72. Exemplify Jesus' humility in seeking God's will above your own, and putting other's interests above your own.
Lk 22:42 saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."
Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
73. Do not be prideful, do not think you know things better than others but be willing to learn from whomever God is using to teach you something. (Js 4:6, Pr 8:8-9)
74. Submission to husband isn’t only when you’ve been heard. Loving and leading your wife is as profound as Christ loving the church and should be possible.
75. Control your tongue (Js 3:6)
76. Conformed - Recognize that sanctification is key to holiness and holiness is commanded (1 Peter 1:13-16). Master Rm 6-8. Reckon yourself to be dead to sin but alive to God and live that way. Understand how to transform your mind/ values via Romans 12:1-2 and to develop a sensitivity to the Spirit of God for living a life filled by and led by the Spirit (which is rewardable). Then be able to pass on this essential process. Sin wants to rule over you (Gen 4:7). Don’t let it. Suffer for glory.
77. Freedom and victory are not only possible, but expected by God. You can have full and complete victory in any area, over any sin, habit or stronghold.
Jn 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Rm 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?
Gal 5: 1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[a] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
78. Not everyone is going to choose God. Don’t waste your precious time chasing people down, regardless of how you feel about them.
Mt 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mt 7:6 Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
79. This world is not all there is, and there is another that is coming that will be the reward of those who have been refined by God’s testing. God disciplines those he loves.
80. Please be advised that God wants all of you. Anything you’ve buried, hidden, blocked out, even forgotten - He will ask for it. But make no mistake, His intention is to heal you and help you. There is no shame in bringing anything into the light.
Mt 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
Mt 11:28-29 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.)
81. Most obstacles to your growth stem from pride or the lie that God isn’t good. When you sin and/or find yourself resisting God and resisting change, keep asking why and you will often find pride or disbelief that God is good at the root.
Js 4:6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.
Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him
82. Carve out time to reflect and exam one’s emotions and feelings. God often use our emotions (joy meter) to get our attention.
83. We can be deceived into thinking that others can’t figure out or see through our motives or that what is hidden won’t eventually be revealed. So just as Jesus was revealed to his disciples in Mark 4:21-25 and Luke 8:16-18 so our motives will one day also be revealed. Consequently the less a believer hides or finds a need to safeguard actions the faster the believer will grow and those around would be able to admit that they knew it all along anyway.
84. Rend your heart before God over sin (Joel 2:13, 1Jn 1:9)
85. Loving one another can get messy but it's worth it in the end.
86. If you come from a church background, forget everything you think you know and have heard about God. Get to know God as He has revealed Himself in the Word. Do not try to reconcile what you think you know, throw it out and rebuild!
87. Fellowship - spending time with like minded believers, preferably more mature ones (model to follow). 1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
88. Watch out for isolation. Satan isolates so that he can pick you off. Cultivate transparent, interdependent relationships with other believers.
89. Reduce negative influences in your life and rally around the godly ones (2 Timothy 2:22, 1 Cor 15:33)
90. Importance of Fellowship Heb 10:24-14 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
91. Learn how to love God more than anything else, learn to love other people like yourself, and when in conflict, give more priority to Christians than to non-Christians. (Mt 22:37-38; 10:38, Lk 14:26)
92. Embrace interdependence, as you were designed to be part of a Body to grow and stand up against the wiles of the devil - Eph 4:11-16; 6:10-13
93. Get rid of bitterness, by forgiving others (Mt 6:15)
94. Seek Biblical Fellowship - God has designed us to live interdependently and in unity (1 Cor 1:10) with a local, biblical body (church) filled with disciples doing the above and committed to serving one another as God has commanded. Study the “one another” passages. Know what a biblical church is, seek one, then commit to it. Biblical unity and fellowship brings joy (Ps. 133:1). Isolated lone rangers fail. (Prov 18:1). Learn to forgive (watch out for bitterness!), persevere with others and edify.
95. Don’t compare yourself to other people at church, come up with a blanket statement that is entirely unhelpful or removes any self-responsibility and come away dejected and defeated. Pr 29:25 God judges on your own faithfulness.
96. Expect / Know that wanting to please God in the midst of a dark world can become lonely. Genesis 6:5-9 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. [...] But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. In other words, Noah was surrounded by people/the culture/the whole world - who were doing evil. Lonely. Yet in the midst of it, Noah remained close to God.
97. While lonely in the midst of the world, walking in the light gives fellowship and unity with other believers. 1 John:5-7 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
98. So, stay connected to the Body, even when it takes work. Eph 4:1-6 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
99. People in your life will change, God will not; choose Him as your main audience
100. Be faithful with all God has entrusted to you since you'll have to give account
2Cor 5:9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
101. Develop firm convictions and defend your faith so there is no room for doubt - 1 Pt 3:15
102. Convinced - Be able to defend the authenticity/ reliability of the Scriptures from multiple angles and common objections (see 7 Questions) to engage others in topics which move from felt needs to spiritual needs, surfacing and responding to objections re Truth and Jesus as Messiah. Master a brief personal testimony relating why you are convinced as well as explain how to have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ (i.e. Bridge Illustration, Eph 2:8-10). Study how to abide (John 15).
103. Repeat the truth to others in an effort to find truth seeking folks and reproduce your God-pleasing life in those who are faithful. (2Tim 2:2, Mt 28:19-20)
104. Don’t throw gospel grenades. Understand lifestyle evangelism.
105. Lay up your treasure in heaven - Mt 6:20-21
106. Exercise biblical faith and be prepared to sweat as suffering, endurance and perseverance are mandatory- Heb 11:6, 1 Tim 4:7-8, Pr 14:4,Mt 7:14, Heb 2:10, 2Tim 3:12
107. Committed - Commit self to Matt 6:33 and the good works God has planned for you to do (Phil 2:14). Purpose to hear “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matt 25:21) then endure to fulfill Christ’s call to discipleship (Matt 16:24-27) via self-denial no matter the cost (this is key). Purpose to exchange your life from temporal to eternal pursuits. (“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to buy what he cannot lose” -Jim Elliot). Study the saints who lived and finished well in God’s sight. Then imitate! (Heb 6:12). It’s vital to understand how to determine the will of God objectively so you can fulfill God’s plan for you.
108. Crowned- Study the Survey on Rewards. Understand it. Embrace it. Pass it on. Don’t skimp on this topic as it is foundational to a life of faith and eventual reward (See Heb 11). You should know if you are living in a way that is worthy of God’s commendation and reward and make any adjustments God reveals as necessary to ensure you are crowned. (Phil 3:12-14). Understand glory and all its aspects to use here (power) and gain in future. Enter into the Joy of the Lord! (Mt 25:23).
109. Live for the prize in the Kingdom to come, setting your eyes on Christ. 1 Cor 9:24 24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. / Philippians 3:14 13 ...one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. / Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. / 1 Peter 1:3 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. -Sorry, there were too many verses to choose from :)
110. Learn how to pray for self and others.